Saturday, June 11, 2005

Arrived in Pinehurst

We'll, after 11.5 hours, we arrived in Pinehurst. The kids survived on a Gameboy, VCR, books, and a few naps.

The town is ready for the 45,000 guests expected to arrive each day. They have remote parking sites, although we can walk. The local paper, The Pilot, is covering the Open with zeal. I'll try to paraphrase the best of those stories as time allows.

I found I am able to use a dial-up while at home, my in-laws have kept their internet service. I can't connect to my server too well, so I've uploaded small files from today. Just a few pictures of some signs and the Tickets from each day, which are works of art themselves. I may upload each days picture to this site as an introduction for each day, not sure yet.

It is really hot and humid, so only those players in good condition will survive. My brother-in-law Dave and I plan on attending the practice round very early, 6am, before the heat. I'm sure most players will try to get out in the morning for their practice rounds.

I hope to be a little more wordy in the rest of the posts, just trying to get something on today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home