Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Pinehurst 1999

My wife and I spent 6 days at Pinehurst in 1999, an unforgetable event.

My most vivid memory was on the 2nd hole on the last day. I was standing near the green and some drunk yelled out "Nice Pants" to Payne. His caddie told him to be quiet and the idiot was lucky most of us in the crowd were civil and did not beat the crap out of him. Little did we know what was in store for the rest of the day.

Not wanting to fight the crowd at the 18th, we walked to my wife's parents at Pinehurst #6, a short 20 minute walk away. It was there that we watched the drama unfold.

I'm not sure what this Sunday will bring, but I plan on being there somewhere. Maybe at the 18th green, maybe at the 17th, I'm not sure, but I will be there this year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home